- Explore Amsterdam’s historic center, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit the Haags Gemeentemuseum (Hague Municipal Museum), a light-filled Art Deco building designed by H.P. Berlage.
- See Antwerp’s Museum aan de Stroom (MAS), a beacon for a revitalized neighborhood designed by Willem Jan Neutelings.
- Enjoy a special walking tour of Rotterdam’s dynamic contemporary architecture.
- Visit the incredible Market Square in Bruges and see the medieval guildhall buildings.
- Take in an optional excursion to learn about the Delta Works of the Zeeland Coast, an engineering masterpiece that is a series of massive dams and storm surge barriers.
- Learn the history of Amsterdam’s urban design, canal houses, and water management.
- See the Wassenaar neighborhood in The Hague, where King Willem-Alexander and his family reside.
- See Antwerp’s soaring Cathedral of Our Lady, which houses noteworthy works by Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens.
- This trip qualifies for 12 AIA learning units (3 of which are HSW credits).
MS Amadeus Star - Launched in April 2019, this stylish ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 Suites. Cabins on the Mozart and Strauss Deck feature lowerable panoramic windows which extend across the entire cabin front. All deluxe cabins and suites offer comfortable, spacious bathrooms, infotainment systems, flat-screen television, telephone, cabin safe, minibar and air conditioning which can be individually regulated. Furthermore, the suites feature walk-on external balconies with seating.
- Seven nights on the first-class MS Amadeus Star
- 19 Meals: 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 7 dinners.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert.
- Land transportation by private motorcoach for excursions as outlined in the itinerary.
- Gratuities and service charges for local guides, bus drivers and restaurant staff for included meals; please note a per-traveler gratuity of approximately 10 euros per day is recommended for river ship staff.
- All meals include water, coffee or tea; in addition, wine, beer, and soft drinks are included with lunches and dinners.
- Group transfers between Airport & Hotel for all participants who purchase group flights from AHI FlexAir program.
What to expect
- Appropriate for people in good health with overall good mobility.
- Travelers should be comfortable participating in a full day of sightseeing.
- Activities range from light to moderate intensity at an easy pace, but with lengthy walks, sometimes on uneven terrain, and climbing on stairs.
Book by September 3rd, 2019 to ensure your space.
- Starting at $3,395 per person (land only), plus Port and VAT Taxes of $395 per person for all categories and suites.
- Category E – $3,395
- Category D – $3,495
- Category C – $3,795
- Category B – $3,895
- Category A – $4,195
- Suite - $4,595 (Limited availability on a first-come, first-serve basis)
- Single supplement is waived for solo travelers — limited supply.
- MS Amadeus Star deck plans available upon request.
- A deposit of $600 per person, payable by credit card or check, is required to reserve a space.
- Deposits are applied to payment of the total price and the final payment is due by December 30, 2019.
International airfare and air departure taxes; passport/visa fees, entry/departure fees; visa photos as required; excursions, wines, liquors, mineral waters, meals not speciﬁed in the itinerary; personal items and expenses such as laundry and valet services, medications, telephone and cable charges; gratuities other than speciﬁed; travel and trip cancellation insurance; airport transfers (if AHI FlexAir is not purchased); other items not speciﬁcally mentioned in the itinerary or as included.
Prices, itinerary, accommodations, and experts subject to change.
Architectural Adventures tours are managed by professional tour operators retained as independent contractors by The American Institute of Architects. To read Architectural Adventures full Responsibility Statement and Liability Disclaimer visit architecturaladventures.org/travel-terms. To read the tour-specific terms and conditions from our tour operator AHI Travel visit architecturaladventures.org/ahi.